Lead-Based Paint Testing & Remediation Services in
PA, OH, MD, & WV
Lead is a highly toxic metal that can cause a range of health problems, especially in young children. Concentrated ingestion or absorption of lead into the body can cause damage to the brain and other vital organs (kidneys, nerves, blood). Lead may also contribute to behavioral problems, learning disabilities, seizures, and may even be deadly.
Children who may be lead poisoned could show no symptoms, but some of the most common symptoms are headaches, stomachaches, nausea, irritability and tiredness. Deteriorated lead paint can be found inside and outside the home. It can mix with other dirt and dust, getting tracked inside. In recent years, the dangers of lead-based paint can be found on imported items such as toys, dishes, and candy wrappers from certain countries that do not have strict lead paint oversight.
Once contaminated, putting hands or other objects into the month, eating pieces of the flaking paint, or playing in the unsafe soil can cause the pieces to be absorbed into the body. Homes built before 1978 have been shown to have a history of possible lead paint problems.
Knowing the level of lead-based paint in your home, business, or in certain objects can be determined through testing done by Norac Laboratory, Inc. We will inspect your property, take appropriate samples, testing and evaluate the results so you know how serious the problem is. This can be especially critical when you have renovation plans involving an older structure where you may suspect a hidden problem.
Norac Laboratory offers valid and tested solutions for taking care of the problem, leaving your environment safer. Give us a call today, to get the scientific answers you need about lead-based paint and how to eliminate the hazard.
Environmental Research . Inspection . Testing . Analysis . Remediation